What are the Causes of Truck Accidents in Miami?
A lot of us know how scary it can be to drive on the road with big trucks. There seem to be more and more of them now than ever before. This is because there is so much more product that needs to be shipped on a daily basis. With so many trucks sharing the road, it’s no surprise that there are more truck accidents now than there used to be. A Miami truck accident lawyer handles many of these cases.
Truck accidents can be very dangerous. The outcome is often tragic. The truck is just so large, no passenger vehicle stands a chance against them. When you consider the sheer size of the truck and the speed at which they drive, this is no surprise.
If you’ve been involved in a truck crash, you need to contact a Miami truck accident lawyer.
Are Truck Drivers Not As Careful As They Should Be?
It would be easy to blame the truck driver by saying he just isn’t careful. But this usually isn’t the case. Most accidents involve a truck are caused by negligence. People who drive tractor-trailers make mistakes just like everybody else. This is why most truck accident cases involve negligence. In order to prove negligence, you need to show the following:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care – This is pretty easy to prove. All drivers owe other people on the road a duty of care. For truck drivers, this duty is higher. They are in control of a very dangerous, large vehicle. They are also professional drivers. We would expect their duty of care to be a bit higher than other drivers.
- He breached this duty – Your lawyer needs to show that the driver did something to breach this duty. This could be anything from texting and driving to carrying too large a load.
- You were injured – This is why it’s important that you go to the hospital after your truck accident. You need to go to the hospital. This will give your lawyer the proof he needs that you were injured in your accident.
- Your injuries were caused by the accident – If you don’t go to the hospital right away, the defendant will claim that something other than the accident caused your injuries.
If you can prove these four (4) elements, you should be able to recover from the truck driver and his insurance company.
What Are The Common Causes Of A Florida Truck Accident?
Just as with car accidents, you need to determine the causes. For truck accidents, there is almost a presumption that the truck driver is at fault. This is because the are a professional driver so we hold them to a higher standard.
Commercial trucking companies train their drivers to be careful on the road. But even careful drivers get into accidents. Most truck accidents are caused by the same things as regular car accidents. Some of these causes include:
- Distracted driving – The driver could have been texting and driving or eating his lunch at the time of the accident. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes for truck accidents.
- Overtired -A lot of truck drivers work well over 50 hours a week. They work such long shifts that they tend to get overtired. When this happens, their reaction time slows down. They also may fall asleep at the wheel.
- Too large a load – When trucks pick up their shipments, they try to fit as much as they can on their trucks. Since most drivers are paid by the mile, they want to carry as much as they possibly can so they can move on to the next job.
- Drunk driving – Truck drivers make bad decisions like everyone else. They may grab a few drinks at dinner or while at a rest stop. They get behind the wheel and put innocent drivers at risk.
Call And Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, you need to contact a Miami truck accident lawyer today. You can schedule your free initial consultation today. You can sit down with an experienced truck driver lawyer and ask him any questions you may have. He can also review your case and let you know what it may be worth. The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
“Most accidents involve a truck are caused by negligence. People who drive tractor-trailers make mistakes just like everybody else.”